DIBELS Data System Important Updates
National Percentiles and Zones of Growth Updates
We are excited to announce important updates to DIBELS 8th Edition national percentiles and Zones of Growth.
Our research partners at the University of Oregon have updated the national percentiles and Zones of Growth in the DIBELS Data System based on the data collected from 2.8 million students using mCLASS or the DIBELS Data System during the 2021-2022 school year. These updates will better reflect student performance and growth. The new national percentiles and Zones of Growth updates are applied to reports across all years of DIBELS 8th Edition to bring present and past reports into line with the best and most up-to-date information.
The DDS Team
New DIBELS Data System Updates
We are excited to share new updates for DDS that provide an enhanced user support experience and learning opportunities.
Customer Support Chat Option
We have a new way to contact our Customer Care Team. In addition to email and phone support, a live chat option is now available as part of your DDS account. Log into your account and use the orange chat icon located at the bottom right corner of your page to ask for assistance. We look forward to hearing from you!
Amplify Event Announcements
Over the last couple months we have been posting information about Amplify literacy events to our home page. We are excited to offer these invitations to DDS customers and will continue to post upcoming events that we think will be of interest to you. If you were not able to attend the
Biliteracy Symposium or our
Webinar Series, both of these excellent events have recordings posted that you can view at your convenience.
Thanks for being with us as we kick off the 2022-2023 school year. Reach out if there is anything we can do to help get your school year off to a good start.
The DDS Team
Welcome Back to the DIBELS Data System
As part of the final steps in transitioning the DIBELS Data System (DDS) to the Amplify family, we have made several updates for the start of the new school year including:
- New url. https://dibels.amplify.com, The DIBELS Data System is now hosted at Amplify, so update those bookmarks for easy log in.
- New colors. We have incorporated new Amplify product colors throughout the site for a fresh new look.
- New email. Our new customer support email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
This comes with the added benefit of access to additional support staff and extended support hours.
- New opportunities. Amplify has an array of learning opportunities that are available to all DDS customers. Check out the resources posted on the Professional Development page, such as the Science of Reading podcast, and keep an eye out for invitations to webinars.
Equally important to the changes we did make, are the things that are central to DDS that we are keeping the same in order to ensure continuity for educators and schools.
- DDS feature layout and reports remain the same, making it easy to restart your account where you left off.
- Continued low price of $1 per student.
- Online DIBELS Courses developed by University of Oregon's Center on Teaching and Learning are still available, including the free DIBELS 8 Transition Course. If your district hasn't made the switch to DIBELS 8th Edition yet, this is a quick and easy way to get staff trained on the new measures.
- DIBELS and IDEL Materials are still available for free download. You can also purchase printed DIBELS 8th Edition kits from our eCommerce site.
We look forward to working with you this year, please let us know how we can be of assistance.
The DDS Team
Grade 3-6 Comprehension Assessment Research Opportunity
University of Oregon is seeking participants to continue research for improving and innovating reading comprehension assessment. Participating schools will receive immediate diagnostic information about their students' reading comprehension. If interested, click here.
DIBELS Data System operations move to Amplify
Thank you for your continued use of the DIBELS® Data System. We are pleased to let you know that in addition to our existing partnership with Amplify to deliver DIBELS, we have also entered into an arrangement with Amplify to operate the DIBELS Data System (DDS). We are working with Amplify to ensure that a high level of service will be provided and there will be no interruptions to your service.
The University of Oregon’s Center for Teaching and Learning maintains ownership of the DIBELS assessments, and we are committed to continuing to research and develop high-quality tools for universal and dyslexia screening.
A few notes:
- Amplify will be reaching out to you via email as well and will be posting FAQs
- Through June 2021, the DDS system, phone and email lines you are using to contact DDS support now will remain the same
- Many of the staff who you work with at DDS will be employed by Amplify in order to ensure uninterrupted service
We are really looking forward to continued partnership with Amplify and together we are committed to support you and your staff members that utilize DDS. If you have questions, please check out the DDS FAQs. Thank you for your loyalty and partnership.
Return to top of page